5 Ways To Significantly Lower Your Power Bills This Summer That Really Work
We want to help you keep your home cool this summer so you don’t pay outrageous power bills during these hot months. So, here are a few things you can do to lower your power bills this summer and in all the months to come:
- Pay attention to inefficiency. It is literally costing you energy dollars to ignore the inefficiencies in your cooling system. If your system runs for longer than 6-8 minutes at a time, can’t keep your home consistently cooled throughout all of the rooms, or is excessively loud, smelly, or old, do something about it! Get a no-cost inspection from us now to prevent costly break-downs in the sweltering heat of the summer. A tune-up could be just the thing to make your system last a little longer and work efficiently this summer. If you need a replacement, you’ll want to take advantage of our 20% summer savings available only in the month of March (see details below).
- Clean your air vents. This is actually a big deal. DIRT is the single biggest factor to your system being able to work efficiently to cool your home and last for as long as possible. If your system is older or you haven’t had it serviced in a while, it could be due for a thorough cleaning. Ask us about that during your no-cost inspection. In the meantime, change your filters and clean your vents.
- Block the sun and use ceiling fans. Keeping blinds and drapes closed during the day will really keep the temperature down. When you are home, use ceiling fans to move the air. Both are great ways to efficiently keep your home cool, without making your old air conditioner do all the work.
- Program your thermostat and turn off your air conditioner when you don’t need it. A lot of homeowners incorrectly assume that their system will have to work extra hard to get their home back to a comfortable temperature if they adjust it to a warmer setting when they’re not home during the day. This is not true! The energy your system would use to cool your home all day long would far outweigh the energy it will take to cool it down once you return. This could add up to hundreds of dollars in energy savings.
- Upgrade your cooling system. Maybe you already know it’s time because your system is too small for your home, it’s old, or it hasn’t been regularly serviced. In that case, don’t put it off! You could end up wasting hundreds or even thousands of dollars over a year’s time on inflated power bills due to your inefficient cooling system. Don’t let this happen to you.
If you know it’s time or even if you’re not sure and you want a no-cost inspection to see what you can do to cool your home more efficiently, call us before March 31 for a no-cost air conditioning system inspection. We’re currently offering 20% summer savings to help homeowners in the area make a smart investment in a more efficient, less wasteful cooling system for their home. If you don’t need a replacement, you’ll be happy you had your system inspected to ensure it’s working properly so you can avoid costly breakdowns.
Just fill out this form online, email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 925-427-5522 today.